Sunday, October 10, 2010
Welcome to Myself
I have succumb to the world of blogging, which at first was of no interest to me, and then I began my obsessive following of others who wrote these on-line pieces of insights, disasters and THINGS I THOUGHT ONLY I WOULD DO! It was a revelation to know that yes, other children at ten months had fallen off beds, and (this still brings a pain to my heart) changing tables. To clear the air about the changing table incident, my fiancée stepped away for five seconds to hold an outfit out for me to see from the other room through the doorway, and the sickening thud instantaneously and amazingly allowed my 50 pound over-weight body to spring into the other room at light speed. Bennett, our one and only son, was fine and now is a running, happy angel. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and I miss him right now-he is at Grandma & Gramps. I am a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM), with one car shared between the family, so I feel guilty that the at home part is too "at home." I resolve to walk or take him to the park every day. Bennett was born on June 23, 2009, just over fifteen months and into EVERYTHING. "Hot" has become my saving grace, as it seems "no" is a word he does not hear. So I will use this as a diary of our lives, as a year has passed and it still bothers me I don't remember the exact day he first ate cereal. I tried to keep a book, month by month, but as we all know time flew (at times slower than others), and I want to learn from others this year and use the support of people like me to get through the third reading of "the race car book" at night time with the knowledge that I will miss him pointing at balloons and raising only his right arm at the end for "Hooray" because the other is snuggled around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a great Mommy!
ReplyDelete